Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Sat October 13, 2012
Michael Kiwanuka: How To 'Tell A Tale'
Originally published on Tue July 8, 2014 12:25 pm
Michael Kiwanuka isn't a household name, but that's likely to change. Back in January, the 24-year-old British soul singer was voted the winner of Sound of 2012, the BBC's annual award for the most promising new music talent, and he possesses the voice of someone three times his age. When you hear his debut album, Home Again, Kiwanuka could fool you into thinking you were listening to a long-lost Bill Withers record.
While in the Twin Cities for a show at Fine Line Music Cafe, Kiwanuka stopped by The Current's studio to perform a few songs and chat with program director Jim McGuinn.
- Video: Nate Ryan
- Photography: Nate Ryan
- Audio: Michael DeMark