Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Fri January 4, 2013
Mexican Bakers Go Big To Celebrate 3 Kings Day
Originally published on Fri January 4, 2013 7:46 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. At this point in the program we sometimes tell you about record-breaking feats. Well, this one takes the cake. Sunday is Three Kings Day and in Mexico some bakers are celebrating in a big way. Rosca de Reyes is a sweet bread with a Baby Jesus figurine baked inside.
This version will weigh 10 tons, and the cake's border will stretch nearly a mile. A mile. Tradition says the person who gets the slice with the plastic Jesus has to host a party. Hope it's a big house. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.