Most Active Stories
- Avery Johnson: "I'm Your Guy"
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Jail Terms Handed To Most Atlanta Teachers Convicted In Cheating Scandal
- Lawmakers Look to Repeal Common Core, PCB Alcohol Ban to Expire, A&M Confucius Institute
- APR Technical Difficulties
Fri March 21, 2014
A Meteoric Rise For Young 'Divergent' Author
Originally published on Fri March 21, 2014 6:45 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
You've heard that "Divergent" follows in the path of other young adult series, like "Twilight" and "The Hunger Games" that went on to triumph at the box office. One thing the "Divergent" trilogy has on the other two - its author age. Veronica Roth wrote "Divergent" and signed a book deal while she was still in college. The books hit shelves three years ago when she was 22. Roth said she wasn't sure what to think when she heard "Divergent" would become a film franchise. She had a hard time believing it would happen, but when Kate Winslet signed on she says she knew it was for real.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
WERTHEIMER: This is NPR News. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.