Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Garrard sentencing begins, Affordable Care Act anniversary and colorectal cancer awareness month
Business & Education
Wed December 18, 2013
Mercedes-Benz expands its Alabama plant
VANCE, Ala. (AP) - Mercedes-Benz is opening a new section at its plant in Tuscaloosa County. The German automaker is cutting the ribbon on a $70 million logistics center at its automotive factory in Vance on Wednesday afternoon. Gov. Robert Bentley is among the officials planning to attend the event. About 600 contractors and service providers will work in the 900,000-square-foot building. They will be responsible for handling almost 3 million parts a day. The facility will receive components and organize them into the proper order for the manufacturing process.