Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Mon September 30, 2013
Memorial Set For Former USA President Gordon Moulton
The University of South Alabama is planning a campus memorial service for former president Gordon Moulton following his death over the weekend.
The event is set for Wednesday afternoon at Mitchell Center Arena. A candlelight vigil was planned for Monday evening.
The school says Moulton died Saturday at his home in Daphne after a yearlong fight with cancer. He was 73.
Survivors include Moulton's wife Geri, a brother and a sister.
Moulton retired July 1 after 15 years as president of South Alabama, which is located in Mobile.
The native of Donalsonville, Ga., had worked at the university for 46 years in all.
John W. Smith is serving as acting president of South Alabama, and trustees are interviewing finalists for the position on a permanent basis.
Business & Education