Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon July 21, 2014
Meehan Retiring As Jacksonville State President
The longtime president of Jacksonville State University says he will retire next year.
Bill Meehan told trustees that he's stepping down as of June 2015.
The school announced his decision on its Facebook page.
The delay in Meehan's departure provides a chance for board members to name a successor.
Meehan has been president since July 1, 1999.
Meehan is a Jacksonville State alumnus who started working at the school as a biology instructor. He held other positions at the northeast Alabama campus through the years including several vice presidential jobs.
Jacksonville State has an enrollment of about 8,700 students.