Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Business & Education
Thu May 9, 2013
Media Commentator Brad Moody Retiring from AUM
One of Alabama's best known political scientists is retiring.
Brad Moody is ending a 40-year career of teaching political science and public administration at Auburn University Montgomery. Moody is a Texas native who arrived at AUM in 1972 and soon made a name for himself as a media commentator on Alabama government and politics.
Many of his former students now work in state and local government, including Alabama Supreme Court Justice Kelli Wise and the governor's press secretary, Jennifer Ardis. Ardis said Moody made a difference in the lives of his students because he took a vested interest in their academic and professional success.
Moody says he plans to stay busy in retirement by teaching an occasional course at AUM and by continuing to comment on Alabama politics.