Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Business & Education
Thu May 9, 2013
Media Commentator Brad Moody Retiring from AUM
One of Alabama's best known political scientists is retiring.
Brad Moody is ending a 40-year career of teaching political science and public administration at Auburn University Montgomery. Moody is a Texas native who arrived at AUM in 1972 and soon made a name for himself as a media commentator on Alabama government and politics.
Many of his former students now work in state and local government, including Alabama Supreme Court Justice Kelli Wise and the governor's press secretary, Jennifer Ardis. Ardis said Moody made a difference in the lives of his students because he took a vested interest in their academic and professional success.
Moody says he plans to stay busy in retirement by teaching an occasional course at AUM and by continuing to comment on Alabama politics.