Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu September 2, 2004
McIntosh Plant Fined For Failing to Monitor Pollution
By Alabama Public Radio
McIntosh, AL – The Alabama Department of Environmental Management says a chemical company did not monitor some pollution points at a McIntosh plant. The company now faces a fine for the omission. ADEM said Wednesday it had issued a consent order against Ciba Specialty Chemicals Incorporated. That means the company has acknowledged the violations and has agreed to the 20 thousand dollar fine. Ciba spokesman Scott Tew says the problem was a result of a mix-up, and the company has now implemented stricter monitoring. Tew says one of the workers in the division where the problem occurred did not know to conduct required weekly visual checks.