Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu May 20, 2004
McGinley Denied Chance to Run As Republican
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – The Alabama Supreme Court has ruled that the Alabama Republican Party has the authority to disqualify Mobile talk-show host Kelly McGinley from running for a state school board seat. State G-O-P chairman Marty Connors says the ruling shows the party made the right decision in disqualifying her. Party officials disqualified McGinley because they say she endorsed the Constitution Party on her talk show. McGinley says the Supreme Court's decision was "political". She says she was disqualified because she's an outspoken supporter of former chief justice Roy Moore.