Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
House Rules Chairman
Thu November 29, 2012
McCutcheon Named Ala. House Rules Committee Chair
Republican State Rep. Mac McCutcheon of Capshaw has been named chairman of the powerful Rules Committee in the Alabama House of Representatives.
House Speaker Mike Hubbard of Auburn Thursday named McCutcheon to replace Republican Rep. Blaine Galliher of Gadsden as Rules Committee chairman. The Rules Committee sets the daily work agenda for the House.
Galliher resigned his House seat four months ago when Gov. Robert Bentley named him legislative director in the governor's administration.
McCutcheon was first elected to the House in 2006 and is in his second term representing Limestone and Madison counties.
McCutcheon worked in law enforcement for 25 years in the Huntsville area before being elected to the Legislature. He has served on the House Ways and Means-General Fund Committee and the Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.