Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
House Rules Chairman
Thu November 29, 2012
McCutcheon Named Ala. House Rules Committee Chair
Republican State Rep. Mac McCutcheon of Capshaw has been named chairman of the powerful Rules Committee in the Alabama House of Representatives.
House Speaker Mike Hubbard of Auburn Thursday named McCutcheon to replace Republican Rep. Blaine Galliher of Gadsden as Rules Committee chairman. The Rules Committee sets the daily work agenda for the House.
Galliher resigned his House seat four months ago when Gov. Robert Bentley named him legislative director in the governor's administration.
McCutcheon was first elected to the House in 2006 and is in his second term representing Limestone and Madison counties.
McCutcheon worked in law enforcement for 25 years in the Huntsville area before being elected to the Legislature. He has served on the House Ways and Means-General Fund Committee and the Transportation, Utilities and Infrastructure Committee.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.