Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Arts & Life
Sat November 24, 2012
Mayors of Auburn, Tuscaloosa Place Bets on Game
The mayors of Auburn and Tuscaloosa have something riding on the outcome of this year's Iron Bowl.
Auburn Mayor Bill Ham and Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox made a friendly wager on Saturday's game between Auburn University and the University of Alabama.
Ham will make a contribution to the city of Tuscaloosa's tornado recovery fund if the No. 2 Crimson Tide beats unranked Auburn.
Maddox will make a donation to the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Lee County if the Tigers pull off an upset and defeat Alabama.
Bet or not, Tuscaloosa will get a big economic shot from tens of thousands of football fans being in town for the game. Kickoff is at 2:30 p.m. CST at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.