Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed October 15, 2003
Mayor Bright Wins Second Term
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Montgomery Mayor Bobby Bright easily won a second term in office yesterday. Montgomery voters re-elected Bright with 61 percent of the vote. The closest of five challengers received 31 percent. Bright used his first term to begin revitalizing Montgomery's downtown riverfront area. Part of that effort includes a new 26 million-dollar baseball stadium. Bright says he will continue making plans to improve the area.