Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Wed September 15, 2004
Marine Reservists Return Home From Iraq
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – 43 Mobile-based Marine reservists are back home after six months in Iraq. Members of the Third Force Reconnaissance Company arrived in Mobile Monday night. Unit spokesperson, Lieutenant Colonel Janice Mitchell, says the Marines deployed to the Middle East in January and were assigned to security operations in northern Iraq. She says three Marines were wounded during the time. Another 80 Marines from the same company were sent to Iraq in June to replace reservists who returned to southwest Alabama. The elite unit is one of two Marine Reserve Reconnaissance companies in the country.