Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Midland City Standoff
Wed January 30, 2013
Man Linked To Ala. Standoff Was Facing Court
The pastor of a nearby church helped comfort children who were on a rural Alabama school bus when a gunman killed the driver and took a 6-year-old boy.
Pastor Michael Senn said Wednesday, a day after the shooting, that the kids were "pretty shocked, traumatized."
He says "they saw everything that happened. They saw the man shoot the driver."
Authorities now believe the man is holed up in an underground shelter in a standoff.
Multiple neighbors have said suspect was paranoid and combative.
Senn says children on the street had been warned to stay away from him. He says "they'd go fishing and walk by his place and he'd try to talk to them."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.