Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon March 4, 2013
Macon County Land 1st CSX Select Site In Alabama
A 277-acre site in Macon County is the first in Alabama chosen as a CSX Select Site.
Officials announced the selection Monday. CSX started the Select Site program last year to work with economic developers to create a list of sites that are ready for development and that have direct rail service by CSX. The railroad screens potential sites with a site selection consulting firm. A senior location consultant with that firm, Jonathan Gemmen of the Austin Co., says the Macon County site near Notasulga is close to Interstate 85, Auburn University and Tuskegee University.
Gov. Robert Bentley says the designation will allow the Macon County Economic Development Authority to compete for jobs in the area.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.