Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Mon March 4, 2013
Macon County Land 1st CSX Select Site In Alabama
A 277-acre site in Macon County is the first in Alabama chosen as a CSX Select Site.
Officials announced the selection Monday. CSX started the Select Site program last year to work with economic developers to create a list of sites that are ready for development and that have direct rail service by CSX. The railroad screens potential sites with a site selection consulting firm. A senior location consultant with that firm, Jonathan Gemmen of the Austin Co., says the Macon County site near Notasulga is close to Interstate 85, Auburn University and Tuskegee University.
Gov. Robert Bentley says the designation will allow the Macon County Economic Development Authority to compete for jobs in the area.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.