Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
It's All Politics
Wed August 29, 2012
Love On Stage At The GOP Convention: Staffer Pops Question; She Says Yes
Originally published on Wed August 29, 2012 1:13 pm
Bradley Thompson, a production manager at the Republican National Convention here in Tampa, took the opportunity this morning to propose to his girlfriend, Laura Bowman. He popped the question right in front of the big on-stage screen — on which were the words "Laura Bowman, will you marry me" and some lovely photos.
From the kiss he got in return, it appears she said yes.
"Some dude just proposed on the convention stage. Jack Johnson on the PA." (@Timodc).
The stage was available because the program doesn't get going to day until 7 p.m. ET.