Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
It's All Politics
Wed August 29, 2012
Love On Stage At The GOP Convention: Staffer Pops Question; She Says Yes
Originally published on Wed August 29, 2012 1:13 pm
Bradley Thompson, a production manager at the Republican National Convention here in Tampa, took the opportunity this morning to propose to his girlfriend, Laura Bowman. He popped the question right in front of the big on-stage screen — on which were the words "Laura Bowman, will you marry me" and some lovely photos.
From the kiss he got in return, it appears she said yes.
"Some dude just proposed on the convention stage. Jack Johnson on the PA." (@Timodc).
The stage was available because the program doesn't get going to day until 7 p.m. ET.