Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Tue March 12, 2013
Louis Farrakhan to Visit Tuskegee University
The leader of the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan, is scheduled to visit Tuskegee University on Friday.
An announcement by the university says Farrakhan will address Macon County high school students at the campus at 9:30 a.m. and then speak to others at 6 p.m. He was invited by the Tuskegee University Muslim Student Association and the Black Belt Deliberative Dialogue. The university said Farrakhan's topics will include the need for historically black colleges and universities.
Farrakhan's visit is part of his ongoing series of speeches at historically black universities. He spoke last April at Alabama A&M University in Huntsville.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Business & Education