Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Thu March 28, 2013
Lost Camera In Hawaii Turns Up On Taiwanese Beach
Originally published on Thu March 28, 2013 8:18 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. Here's a digital fairytale. In 2007, a young woman lost her camera scuba diving off Hawaii. Last week it was found by a China Airlines employee thousands of miles away on a beach in Taiwan. China Airlines offered the owner a free ticket to come pick up the camera. The memory card still has pictures on it. And who was the good fairy in this story? It was Facebook. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.