Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Blastoff for NASA's Orion Capsule! Muscle Shoals and the Rolling Stones
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
APR News Reports
Wed May 2, 2012
Limited Disaster Aid And Its Effect on Rebuilding Communities.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – While 2011 will be memorable for many Alabamian's due to what happened on April 27th, it wasn't the only disaster that took place last year. Tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires you name it struck the United States last year cutting the available disaster funding pie into ever slimmer pieces. As Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez reports, finding the necessary funds to rebuild post disaster is a little harder than it used to be.