Most Active Stories
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Michelle Obama delivers Commencement Address at Tuskegee
- Lang Lang In Concert At The Met Museum
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
APR News Reports
Wed May 2, 2012
Limited Disaster Aid And Its Effect on Rebuilding Communities.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – While 2011 will be memorable for many Alabamian's due to what happened on April 27th, it wasn't the only disaster that took place last year. Tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires you name it struck the United States last year cutting the available disaster funding pie into ever slimmer pieces. As Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez reports, finding the necessary funds to rebuild post disaster is a little harder than it used to be.