Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
APR News Reports
Wed May 2, 2012
Limited Disaster Aid And Its Effect on Rebuilding Communities.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – While 2011 will be memorable for many Alabamian's due to what happened on April 27th, it wasn't the only disaster that took place last year. Tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires you name it struck the United States last year cutting the available disaster funding pie into ever slimmer pieces. As Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez reports, finding the necessary funds to rebuild post disaster is a little harder than it used to be.