Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
APR News Reports
Wed May 2, 2012
Limited Disaster Aid And Its Effect on Rebuilding Communities.
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – While 2011 will be memorable for many Alabamian's due to what happened on April 27th, it wasn't the only disaster that took place last year. Tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires you name it struck the United States last year cutting the available disaster funding pie into ever slimmer pieces. As Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez reports, finding the necessary funds to rebuild post disaster is a little harder than it used to be.