Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu May 6, 2004
License Commissioner Looking For Tax Dodgers
By Alabama Public Radio
Mobile, AL – Mobile County License Commissioner Carol Norris is on the lookout for tax cheats. She says some automobile owners are registering their vehicles in nearby counties where the tax rates are lower. Norris announced plans yesterday to begin pursuing county residents who improperly register their vehicles. She says she's been taking notes as she drives around the county. Those notes and other tips have generated an extra 100-thousand-dollars from people and businesses who should have paid taxes and fees to Mobile County.