Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Business & Education
Wed May 14, 2014
Letters Outline Tension Between ASU Leaders
Two members of the Alabama State University board of trustees have questioned university President Gwendolyn Boyd's understanding of the school's governance structure, and Boyd has called claims they've made against her intimidation and harassment.
A series of letters obtained by the Montgomery Advertiser outlines a disagreement between Boyd and board members Elton Dean and Marvin Wiggins. The issue arose after Boyd distributed a revised organizational chart just before a late April trustee meeting.
Dean wrote a letter to Boyd April 28 saying the board is concerned with the way Boyd has managed her interaction and relationship with the board, and that a state statute authorizes the board to approve all personnel moves.
Boyd says she's been responsive to the board and called Dean's claims unfair and inaccurate.