Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue October 16, 2012
Legislators File Bills To Allow Firearms In Cars
Legislation has been pre-filed in the Alabama House and Senate that would prevent employers and property owners from establishing policies that would prevent workers from transporting and storing firearms and ammunition in their vehicles. The legislation by Democratic Rep. Craig Ford of Gadsden and Democratic Sen. Roger Bedford of Russellville would also reinstate and provide compensation to employees who have been fired for storing or transporting firearms on private or company property. Bedford said he believes gun owners should be able to keep their firearms out of sight and locked in cars to provide protection as they drive to and from work. Similar legislation in Alabama and other states has been opposed by some business interests that claimed such decisions should be up to employers and not lawmakers. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.