Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Alabama State University Audit
Fri September 6, 2013
Lawmakers OK More Money for Alabama State Audit
State lawmakers have approved another $50,000 for the company conducting a forensic audit at Alabama State University.
A panel of lawmakers on Thursday approved the latest request for money for the independent audit. The Montgomery Advertiser reports (http://on.mgmadv.com/1dM10Ag) that the increase could take the total cost for review up to $650,000.
Jennifer Ardis, a spokeswoman for Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley, said the auditing process is taking longer because of difficulty in gaining access to needed information.
ASU President Emeritus William Harris said the school is working hard to respond to the state's requests and has provided information as quickly as possible.
Bentley requested the audit in December, after questions were raised about the school's contracts and finances.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com
Business & Education