Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Tue November 30, 2004
Lawmaker Pre-Files Bill Concerning Homosexuality
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – State Representative Gerald Allen says America's culture is under attack from homosexuals whom he says are trying to push an agenda of destruction on traditional family values. Representative Allen pre-filed a bill today that he says would prevent state funds from being used to purchase textbooks and other materials that mention homosexuality as an alternate lifestyle. Allen also says if his bill passes, existing books in college and public libraries that discuss homosexuality would likely be destroyed. Ken Baker of Equality Alabama says Allen's obsession with homosexuality is taking the focus away from issues that affect all Alabamians, like poverty, education and unemployment. Allen says he has no co-sponsors for the bill and he says he plans to bring it up during the regular legislative session.