Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Politics & Government
Fri July 20, 2012
Law Firm Files Complaint Concerning APT Firing
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) —
A Birmingham law firm has filed an initial complaint concerning the decision to fire the former executive director of Alabama Public Television and another top executive.
Attorneys Mark White and Augusta Dowd of the firm White, Arnold and Dowd said in a statement Thursday that they filed the complaint for their client Alan Pizzato, who was fired by the Alabama Educational Television Commission. The complaint was filed in the Jefferson County Circuit Court.
The attorneys say the purpose of the complaint was to stop "a few people with political motives" from destroying APT.
The dispute over the direction of APT has led to seven members of the three panels that help operate public television in Alabama quitting their positions.
The statement said the law firm was continuing to investigate the circumstances leading to Pizzato's firing.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.