Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Tue September 3, 2013
The Lava Lamp Has Turned 50; Here's Some Groovy Video
Originally published on Tue September 3, 2013 11:52 am
Not much more needs to be said, man: The lava lamp "first hit stores in Britain on this day in 1963."
According to The Associated Press, the groovy light "was created by British inventor Edward Craven-Walker, who was inspired by an odd-looking liquid-filled egg timer he saw in a pub in southwest Britain."
There are many lava lamp apps out there. Videos, too. We'll post this serenely simple one. Dim the lights, sit back and enjoy if you wish.