Most Active Stories
- London Mayor Boris Johnson Settles U.S. Tax Bill Ahead Of Visit
- National School Choice rally, surplus auction and Huntsville desegregation
- Same sex marriage ban still in place, Tuscaloosa celebrates Deontay Wilder
- Girl Scout Cookies, Obamacare, Hospital Shutdown
- Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore Speaks Out on Same Sex Marriage Ruling
Tue September 3, 2013
The Lava Lamp Has Turned 50; Here's Some Groovy Video
Originally published on Tue September 3, 2013 11:52 am
Not much more needs to be said, man: The lava lamp "first hit stores in Britain on this day in 1963."
According to The Associated Press, the groovy light "was created by British inventor Edward Craven-Walker, who was inspired by an odd-looking liquid-filled egg timer he saw in a pub in southwest Britain."
There are many lava lamp apps out there. Videos, too. We'll post this serenely simple one. Dim the lights, sit back and enjoy if you wish.