Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Mon December 2, 2013
Besides The Olympics, What Will $50 Billion Get You?
Originally published on Mon December 2, 2013 12:27 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Now let's try to put that nearly $50 billion price tag for the Sochi games in context. And we've turned to the website BuzzFeed for help with this. Our last word in business today is: $50 billion.
That's enough to buy all 32 NFL teams, we're told.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Or it's more than the entire economy of Costa Rica.
INSKEEP: It is almost five times Hollywood's domestic box office.
MONTAGNE: It's enough for 18 Oprahs.
INSKEEP: Although, can you really put a price tag on Oprah? I don't think so.
INSKEEP: Anyway, that's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.