Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Mon December 2, 2013
Besides The Olympics, What Will $50 Billion Get You?
Originally published on Mon December 2, 2013 12:27 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Now let's try to put that nearly $50 billion price tag for the Sochi games in context. And we've turned to the website BuzzFeed for help with this. Our last word in business today is: $50 billion.
That's enough to buy all 32 NFL teams, we're told.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Or it's more than the entire economy of Costa Rica.
INSKEEP: It is almost five times Hollywood's domestic box office.
MONTAGNE: It's enough for 18 Oprahs.
INSKEEP: Although, can you really put a price tag on Oprah? I don't think so.
INSKEEP: Anyway, that's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.