Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Thu October 17, 2013
British Police Auction Off Some Confiscated Luxury Assets
Originally published on Thu October 17, 2013 9:23 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And our last word in business today is: diamonds on your timepiece.
Police in Great Britain are selling the luxury assets of Vincent Graham. He operated a drug ring in England before police arrested him a couple of years ago. Upon his arrest, police also seized some of Graham's personal belongings: jet skis, motorcycles, a Lamborghini and other luxury cars, items that Graham will no longer needs now that he's in prison.
So, police have put some of those items up for auction on eBay. Among them, a white gold Jacob and Company watch described to be in fair condition, with two diamonds missing. Good job of spotting, since there were over a thousand on the watchband. Starting bid is about $5,000, and proceeds, the police say, will go towards fighting crime.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.