Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Tue July 23, 2013
Ahead Of The Curve: LG Takes Orders For OLED TVs
Originally published on Tue July 23, 2013 6:37 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And for our last word in business today, the world is not flat and neither are some new TVs.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
That's right. LG is taking preorders in the United States for its new 55-inch TVs. They're not flat, they're curved. Samsung already sells something like this in South Korea.
MONTAGNE: The screens bend away from the viewer. Apparently, what's known as OLED technology allows for super-thin, flexible screens and vibrant colors.
GREENE: But you better really, really like the curve and those colors because the retail price for one of these things - $15,000.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.