Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Thu July 18, 2013
Nike Apologizes For Carolina Mix-Up
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 6:45 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
OK. Let's stick with the sports theme. Nike put out a new T-shirt for fans of North Carolina's pro-football team, the Carolina Panthers.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
But there was a bit of a problem, which brings us to our last word in business: A map mishap.
MONTAGNE: The shirt design featured the Panthers logo with the letters NC - all framed by the outline of that other Carolina, South Carolina.
GREENE: Nike has apologized for this error and pulled the remaining shirts.
MONTAGNE: So inspiring, graphic designers might want to consider adding geography to their coursework.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne.
GREENE: And I'm David Greene. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.