Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue July 2, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 7:36 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And our last word in business today is sure to get you in an Empire State of mind.
Many city-dwellers have embraced Uber. This is an app that allows you to call a taxi or a town car and then track its timely arrival to your location.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
For wealthy New Yorkers weary of gridlocked holiday traffic on the way to lavish summer homes in the Hamptons, Uber has a new solution. It's the Uber chopper: a new helicopter service being tested out on the July 4th holiday that will pick you up in the city and fly you over clogged highways to the countryside.
And David, we need a chopper here in Los Angeles.
GREENE: Oh, you do.
MONTAGNE: Give us from the west side to the east side.
GREENE: But it costs a lot. This one costs $3,000 for a 40 minute ride.
MONTAGNE: Oh, that's not for me then.
GREENE: And you'd probably be cursed by everyone sitting in that traffic below.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.