Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon July 1, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Mon July 1, 2013 6:19 am
A wealthy New York couple is suing their son's kindergarten, claiming they were tricked into paying $50,000 for a finger painting done by a group of five-year-olds — including their son. The couple was out of town during the school's benefit auction, so they instructed a proxy to make sure they made the highest bid. The couple claim the school rigged the auction by having a first-grade teacher drive up the price.