Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri June 14, 2013
Bidding War Breaks Out For 2 Boston Parking Spaces
Originally published on Fri June 14, 2013 6:03 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And that brings us to our last word in business, which is luxury pavement.
In Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, real estate is expensive, and space is tight.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
And so it was that a bidding war broke out there yesterday. According to the Boston Globe, the price for the item in question started at $42,000.
MONTAGNE: And was bid up to a final price $560,000 - which got the winners two parking spots on crumbling asphalt in an alleyway.
And that's the business news on MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne.
WERTHEIMER: And I'm Linda Wertheimer. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.