Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri June 7, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Fri June 7, 2013 7:02 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And our last word in business is: Hot chocolate.
Not the kind you drink on a wintery day, but the kind you eat in the sizzling tropics. The snack company Mondelez says it's perfecting a process to make chocolate unmeltable - even in temperatures above 100 degrees. The Deerfield, Illinois company says this new innovation will help it sell chocolate in emerging markets with hot climates and limited refrigeration, like sub Saharan Africa.
Good for sales, but not so great - we suspect - for that other great American chocolate innovation, melted on the campfire, s'mores.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News.
MONTAGNE: I'm Renee Montagne.
WERTHEIMER: And I'm Linda Wertheimer. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.