Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
Mon June 3, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Mon June 3, 2013 9:23 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And today's last word in business is: Fridge for sale.
The seller is New York State and it comes from a Manhattan psychiatric ward.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
It's a morgue cooler, and it's available on eBay. The Listing describes its condition as "good." It is big enough, as the New York Post points out, to hold four cadavers or nearly 2,000 cans of beer.
MONTAGNE: Apparently, people are interested. There are more than 50 bids, the highest topping $1,500. The bidding ends on Thursday, and just to know, all sales are final.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne.
WERTHEIMER: And I'm Linda Wertheimer. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.