Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Wed May 8, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Thu May 9, 2013 10:43 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
And let's turn now to an unlikely booming business: transplant tourism. That is our last word in business today.
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Turkey has become a popular destination for people looking for hair implants, which is now expanding to facial hair. Who knew you needed that?
GREENE: Yeah. Yeah.
INSKEEP: But anyway, the Wall Street Journal reports that men hoping for a Tom Selleck mustache or an Abe Lincoln beard are heading to Turkey.
GREENE: Were we interested, it sounds like cosmetic surgeons remove hair from one area of the body and transplant it to the upper lip or cheek. And this procedure costs something like 5,000 bucks.
INSKEEP: Travel agencies are offering transplant packages - which also include a trip to the beach or a shopping trip to Istanbul.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Steve Inskeep.
GREENE: And I'm David Greene.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.