Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Tue March 26, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Tue March 26, 2013 8:57 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Our last word in business today is: ambulance taxis.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
We've all probably thought about it. Sitting in traffic, an ambulance zooms past and you think, I mean, if only I had one of those sirens.
MONTAGNE: Right. And in Moscow, someone saw a business opportunity. Canada's National Post reports that ads have started popping up online offering rides in ambulances for $200 an hour.
GREENE: Only in Russia. Well, police are keeping a close eye on emergency vehicles after recently stopping one that had the interior of a high-end limousine. And as you can guess, the people inside were not medical personnel.
That is the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
MONTAGNE: And I'm Renee Montagne.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.