Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
The Shed Closing
Thu August 22, 2013
Landmark Mobile Restaurant Closing Its Doors
A restaurant that's been a landmark in southern Alabama is closing its doors.
Employees tell WPMI-TV (http://bit.ly/1f29KhL) that they were surprised Tuesday when they showed up at The Shed in Mobile and learned the business had closed.
A handwritten sign on the front door stated, "Closed, Ocean Springs Shed still serving BBQ!" and listed a phone number for the franchise's Mississippi location 60 miles west.
Former employee Beth Lyons said the news "came out of nowhere" and caught workers off-guard. She said employees worked Monday night and were not told the business would not reopen Tuesday.
Information from: WPMI-TV, http://www.wpmi.com/