Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
The Shed Closing
Thu August 22, 2013
Landmark Mobile Restaurant Closing Its Doors
A restaurant that's been a landmark in southern Alabama is closing its doors.
Employees tell WPMI-TV (http://bit.ly/1f29KhL) that they were surprised Tuesday when they showed up at The Shed in Mobile and learned the business had closed.
A handwritten sign on the front door stated, "Closed, Ocean Springs Shed still serving BBQ!" and listed a phone number for the franchise's Mississippi location 60 miles west.
Former employee Beth Lyons said the news "came out of nowhere" and caught workers off-guard. She said employees worked Monday night and were not told the business would not reopen Tuesday.
Information from: WPMI-TV, http://www.wpmi.com/