Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
Thu June 28, 2012
Knotty Problem Solved: Knitters Won't Call Their Games The 'Ravelympics'
Originally published on Thu June 28, 2012 2:29 pm
Those knitters we told you about who had been asked to "cease and desist" by the U.S. Olympics Committee because they were planning a "Ravelympics" have opted to give the slip to any legal issues.
They're going to call their competitions "The Ravellenic Games," The Oregonian reports.
The new name was among several suggestions considered by members of the knitting social networking site Ravelry.com, including:
-- Pan-Ravelry Games.
-- Ravelry Challenge.