Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 26, 2004
King Appoints New Member to Task Force
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – Attorney General Troy King has appointed the director of his Family Protection Unit to serve on the Alabama Methamphetamine Task Force. King says Deputy Attorney General William Dill will represent the A-G's office on the newly-created force. It was created by the Legislature and is intended to curb the spread of meth labs in the state. The Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center says the number of meth-related arrests in the state has almost doubled in the last two years. The center recorded more than 500 arrests for the crimes in 2001. That number was close to a thousand last year.