Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Fri June 7, 2013
Justin Bieber Aims For Outer Space
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
He has performed around the world for millions of screaming fans. Now, Justin Bieber is taking his talents off the planet. Bieber put a quarter-million dollar deposit on a seat on Virgin Galactic's spaceship. The singer wants to shoot a music video in space.
Astronaut Chris Hadfield already did that last month, singing David Bowie's "Space Oddity" on board the International Space Station.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.