Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Alabama Universities Receive Accreditation Warning
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Tama the Stationmaster Cat
Fri June 13, 2014
Judge Won't Dismiss Charges On Ala. Legislator
A judge in Opelika has refused to dismiss charges against Republican Rep. Barry Moore and he has released a document related to a public corruption investigation that includes the name of House Speaker Mike Hubbard.
Circuit Judge Jacob Walker denied a request Friday from Moore's defense lawyer to dismiss perjury and false statements charges brought against him in the corruption investigation in Lee County.
The judge also released a letter that state Attorney General Luther Strange sent to former St. Clair County District Attorney Van Davis in January 2013. It directs Davis to assume oversight of the state's "current investigative matters relating to state Representative Mike Hubbard." This is the first time Hubbard's name has appeared in a court document. Hubbard has acknowledged the investigation but called it political.
Government Corruption-Grand Jury
Politics & Government