Most Active Stories
- Siegelman Denied New Trial, Mental Health Budget Concerns
- Layoffs for Alabama Workers, Solar Sail Set to Launch
- Granade Issues Same-Sex Ruling, Busy Travel Weekend Expected
- Biden comments on civil rights and Selma, Bloody Sunday anniversary, Montgomery music premiere
- Historian Says Don't 'Sanitize' How Our Government Created Ghettos
Auburn Pool Party Shootings
Wed May 22, 2013
Judge Sets Hearing Date in Pool Party Shootings
A Lee County judge has scheduled a hearing for a man accused of killing three people at a pool party at an Auburn apartment complex last year.
Circuit Judge Jacob A. Walker set the date for the hearing for 23-year-old Desmonte Leonard for Oct. 15 in Lee County Court.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports (http://bit.ly/119hRkJ ) that one aspect of the hearing would be Walker saying that both sides have indicated that the case is not yet ready for trial.
Leonard's defense attorneys have asked that he be allowed to visit the scene of the June 9, 2012 shootings at the University Heights Apartments in Auburn.
District Attorney Robbie Treese has opposed the motion. He said the visit would cause unwanted publicity that could be used by defense attorneys to move the site of the trial.
Information from: Opelika-Auburn News, http://www.oanow.com/
Arts & Life
Arts & Life
Politics & Government