Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Business & Education
Sun September 30, 2012
Jefferson Co. May Select New Superintendent Monday
A new superintendent could be picked for Jefferson County next week.
The county's Board of Education plans to meet Monday morning to discuss which person it should select among the five candidates who were recently interviewed.
The Birmingham News (http://bit.ly/QpsFrj ) reports that the board received a total of 24 applicants from 15 states. Officials have aimed to have the new superintendent in place by Jan. 2. The current superintendent, Phil Hammonds, will retire early next year.
The finalists include Karyle Green, Julie Hannah, Stephen Nowlin, Dale Robbins and Brett Stanton.
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press