Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Thu October 14, 2004
JeffCo Deputies Back on Job
By Alabama Public Radio
Birmingham, AL – Two Jefferson County sheriff's deputies are back on the job only weeks after they were investigated concerning their handling of an alleged murder plot against a top county official. County Sheriff Mike Hale says he gave an oral reprimand to Captain Tony Pippen and Sergeant Curtis Williams. They have returned to their jobs on the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force. The controversy started in August. Pippen and Williams claimed an informant told them that Hale and Assistant Sheriff Allen Farley were planning to kill Pippen as well County Commission President Larry Langford. The claim was found to be NOT credible. But an internal investigation found Pippen and Williams violated several reporting policies.