Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Isaac Does Damage
Wed August 29, 2012
Isaac Does Some Damage To South Alabama Farms
South Alabama farmers reported receiving some damage from Hurricane Isaac, but say it was not as bad as it could have been. The worst damage appeared to be to pecan crops, always sensitive to high winds and rain. Jeremy Sessions said an early inspection of his Grand Bay farm revealed damage to pecan trees. He said some limbs filled with pecans were blown over. He expects many of the pecans remaining on trees were ruined. Oliver Washington said he didn't lose any greenhouses at the Shore Acres Plant Farm at Theodore. He said he and his staff worked since Saturday removing plastic from greenhouses so they would not be blown down. He said he now has to spend a couple of weeks putting plastic back on the houses. Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
Tropical Storm Isaac