Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Politics & Government
Tue July 16, 2013
IRS Plans Clothing Auction in Opelika
The Internal Revenue Service is planning a big clothing auction July 25 in Opelika.
The IRS says the auction will involve more than 100 containers of new specialty clothing designed to transfer moisture. The clothing was seized for nonpayment of federal taxes due from THY Enterprises. It includes men's and women's pants, boxers, T-shirts, shorts, medical socks, sock liners and more.
The IRS says the clothing can be viewed July 24 from 2-4 p.m. at Uncle Bob's Self Storage on Pepperell Parkway in Opelika. The auction starts at 9 a.m. July 25 at the same location. The IRS says personal checks and credit cards will not be accepted at the auction.