Most Active Stories
- Updated: Future of Wind Power in Alabama at a Defining Moment
- Adapted Athletics in Alabama Part 1: The Rolling Tide
- Understanding How Employers May Change Your Retirement Fund
- Hard Times at the Mill: International Paper to Close Courtland Facility
- Bill Would Allow Loaded Guns in Cars Without Concealed Carry Permit
Politics & Government
Tue July 16, 2013
IRS Plans Clothing Auction in Opelika
The Internal Revenue Service is planning a big clothing auction July 25 in Opelika.
The IRS says the auction will involve more than 100 containers of new specialty clothing designed to transfer moisture. The clothing was seized for nonpayment of federal taxes due from THY Enterprises. It includes men's and women's pants, boxers, T-shirts, shorts, medical socks, sock liners and more.
The IRS says the clothing can be viewed July 24 from 2-4 p.m. at Uncle Bob's Self Storage on Pepperell Parkway in Opelika. The auction starts at 9 a.m. July 25 at the same location. The IRS says personal checks and credit cards will not be accepted at the auction.