Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Politics & Government
Tue July 16, 2013
IRS Plans Clothing Auction in Opelika
The Internal Revenue Service is planning a big clothing auction July 25 in Opelika.
The IRS says the auction will involve more than 100 containers of new specialty clothing designed to transfer moisture. The clothing was seized for nonpayment of federal taxes due from THY Enterprises. It includes men's and women's pants, boxers, T-shirts, shorts, medical socks, sock liners and more.
The IRS says the clothing can be viewed July 24 from 2-4 p.m. at Uncle Bob's Self Storage on Pepperell Parkway in Opelika. The auction starts at 9 a.m. July 25 at the same location. The IRS says personal checks and credit cards will not be accepted at the auction.