Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 22, 2013
Iowa Could Pose Problem For GOP Outreach
Originally published on Mon July 22, 2013 6:30 am
While the GOP autopsy on the 2012 election talks explicitly about reaching out to women and minorities to expand the party, it does not get into detail about its Iowa problem. Specifically, the state GOP that begins the presidential nominating season is dominated by religious conservatives most resistant to a broader, more inclusive party message.