Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
2011 Storm Reports
Tue May 10, 2011
An Insurance Company's Role In Disaster Recovery
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – Nearly two weeks after storms ripped through the state of Alabama, many residents are still picking up the pieces. According to the state Department of Insurance, Alabamians have filed 65,000 insurance claims related to the April 27th outbreak of tornados and they expect a second wave this week. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez has more on how residents can find and get help for their damaged property.
For more insurance information:
and for important numbers