Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
2011 Storm Reports
Tue May 10, 2011
An Insurance Company's Role In Disaster Recovery
By Ryan Vasquez
Tuscaloosa, AL – Nearly two weeks after storms ripped through the state of Alabama, many residents are still picking up the pieces. According to the state Department of Insurance, Alabamians have filed 65,000 insurance claims related to the April 27th outbreak of tornados and they expect a second wave this week. Alabama Public Radio's Ryan Vasquez has more on how residents can find and get help for their damaged property.
For more insurance information:
and for important numbers