Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon September 13, 2004
Insurance Company Prepares for Storm
By Associated Press
Montgomery, AL – With Hurricane Ivan aiming at the Gulf Coast, a major Alabama insurance company is making preparations. Alfa Insurance President Jerry Newby says claim adjusters are on alert and hotel rooms have been reserved in south Alabama for additional Alfa employees who might be needed to help process claims. Generators and other equipment are on hand to replace any Alfa offices that get severely damaged or that are left without power. Newby says the Alfa headquarters in Montgomery has a 26-hundred horsepower generator that can keep operations going in case of a power failure.